Sunday, February 21, 2016

Talk about a crazy week...

It was already, what with a trip out to Utah and all. But, it got a lot crazier when Justin FINALLY heard back about scheduling his test again. He got the email Tuesday afternoon, and after looking at the availability in Lincoln and Omaha, he found out he could take the test the next morning in Omaha, or wait another two weeks. So, he decided to take it the next morning.  We were lucky enough that I could work from home that morning, and off he went.  He finished his test in the minimum amount of questions, I went to work for a few hours, and then we were off to Utah that evening.

I'm glad we were able to go to the new Provo temple open house. I had numerous concerts there while I was at BYU, and so it was great to be able to see how it was transformed into the temple. I loved it!  And, they had a cool little feature where they took your picture and emailed it to you.



And, Justin and I got to go on our first "official" date since before Evalyn was born. Meaning, we got to go somewhere, just the two of us. I've been wanting to go to the Payson temple since it was built. With it only being 30 minutes from my sister's house, it was do-able.


Thanks to my sister and her husband, Evalyn got her first Valentine. She didn't get anything from us. We must be pretty lame.


And, of course, the reason we went out to Utah in the first place was to see family, particularly my dad.  If there's one thing we learned with everything that has happened with my dad, it's that we need to get pictures with people every time we're out there. So, here's a picture of Evalyn with her great Grandma Astle (she, coincidentally enough, was in the hospital earlier in the week for blood clots in the lungs).
.

And, a picture with my parents.


While we were out in Utah, Justin found out he passed his test!! So, after scrambling to talk to Madonna, he found out he still had a job, and could start that upcoming Monday. So, a crazy week led into a crazier week as Justin started his new job and we're working on finding childcare for Evalyn while Justin is in orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment