Sunday, May 11, 2014

New Chapter




 It's crazy that the day finally came for Justin to head out for school.  Once we made the decision, I was anxious for him to go, just because I hate anticipating change, and I really just wanted him to leave so the year apart could start and end.  Earlier in the week, though, I got to go to a shower for Tasha.  This is the diaper cake I made for her:



 I did not have much time to prepare, due to my work schedule, so I didn't get to put as much time into it as I wanted.

Then the dreaded day came.  It was hard to say goodbye, especially since I felt like both of our schedules were crazy during the week, and we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together.  I've been blessed to be busy since he left.  I got to  spend all day Saturday at the temple, and then after church today I fed the missionaries.  I still feel like a part of me is waiting for Justin to come home at night, so I've still got to get used to living the single life again :)  As a parting gift to him, I made him these "Open When..." letters.  I've seen it floating around Pinterest, and I decided it would be something good to do for a long distance relationship.




He starts school tomorrow, and I couldn't be prouder.  It'll be a tough year, but I'm excited for him!

As a Mother's Day gift, Mother Nature sent tornadoes!  Nothing came through Lincoln, but there were touchdowns in surrounding areas.  Our sirens kept going on, and then off, on and off...about 3-4 times.  Now it's just raining a crazy amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment